Eccles Railway Station Open Day
Hosted by Freccles, Friends of Eccles Station
Discover Freccles: past, present and future
- Salford Schools Brass/Wind Band
- Barton Theatre Company present "Journey's End for Mr Huskisson!" (performance starts at 11.45 am)
- minature locomotives 'in steam'
- plant sale
- station history display
- tombola and raffle
- tours of our 2010 national awards shortlisted Eccles Station Garden
- Book launch: "50 More Trips Out from Eccles"
- GRUMPY Badge making workshop
- children's games and colouring competition
Stalls by Freccles, Clarendon Road School, Eccles Rotary Club, Salford City College, Ready Steady Store
Refreshments by Smiths Restaurant
Free return train trips Eccles to Patricroft
To be opened by the Mayor of Salford at 11am
Salford City Radio hosting and broadcasting live
Other events marking this anniversary are being held at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester and at Edge Hill Station in Liverpool - details here.